6.09.2008

One Giant Sandbox

Photobucket

On the eastern side of the remote, high-mountain San Luis Valley, between the Blanca Massif and Crestone Needle, are the Great Sand Dunes, the tallest sand dunes in North America. The dunes cover approximately 39 square miles and rise to almost 750' above the valley floor.

This is what we did over the weekend. We had fun touring a Gator Farm (Thanks for setting this up Vanessa - more will follow on that), playing at the Great Sand Dunes, Staying in Aunt Sue's cabin in the mountains, touring Alamosa, meeting Donna the first night and having lunch with Aunt Sue on the second day, driving around looking at future camp areas, and reading about all the history and information on the Alamosa, Fort Garland, Mosca and Hooper areas. There is so much to share but for now, I wanted to put together the pictures of the boys before I put together the lesson plan which will follow soon.


Here are a few pictures of the Sand Dunes.

2 your thoughts:

Vanessa said...

oh my how did you manage the panoramic????? Love the pics. Is that first one you did using scrapbook software?? It is so cute I love it. I am so glad we got to meet up and you guys had a good time.
Vanessa

Kathy_in_Colorado said...

My panoramics are stitched together using my photoshop software. I will sit still and slowly turn as I take pics -then I'll stitch them together with software. Yes, that is my photoshop software. I just thought that the idea of pushing his foot out there like 3D was hilarious and I got the right response from Brenden when he saw it. :)

by TemplatesForYou-TFY
SoSuechtig